Saturday, May 14, 2011

Easter

For Easter this year we had a sunrise service at a park overlooking the city of Loja.  What a wonderful time it was reflecting on the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I praise the Lord that we do not serve a dead God, but a Living God!  The words to a famous hymn sum it up pretty well...

Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my Savior, 
waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord! 
 
Refrain: 
Up from the grave he arose; 
with a mighty triumph o'er his foes; 
he arose a victor from the dark domain, 
and he lives forever, with his saints to reign. 
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!

Vainly they watch his bed, Jesus my Savior, 
vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord! 
(Refrain) 

Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior; 
he tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord! 
(Refrain) 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Neat pictures! And I love that song. It's been several years since we have had a sunrise service. I miss them.

    ReplyDelete